CONFERENCE DAY ONE
08:00 - 08:30 Registration & Morning Coffee
08:30 - 09:45 WORKSHOP: A Roadmap to Transition Your Shared Services Organization into a Global Business Services Model
- Identify the differentiating factors of GBS organizations and shared services such as business strategies and processes, structure and governance, and technology
- Highlight some of the steps necessary in transitioning into a GBS organization
- Discuss some of the challenges encountered during the transition stages
- How a GBS model can help your organization reduce costs and redirect savings to activities that will produce higher value for your organization such as automation and integrated technological
- Why transitioning to a Global Business Services will assist in achieving operational excellence
- The importance of employing key attributes of an efficient governance structure
09:45 - 10:00 Opening Remarks
10:00 - 10:45 Understanding How a Global Business Services Model Could Enhance Your Organization And Improve Customer Satisfaction
- Examine how GBS organizations improve efficiency, scalability, innovation, and flexibility while reducing costs
- Discuss whether a GBS organization is right for your business model and highlight why now may be the right time to transform your organization into a GBS model
- How to position service delivery that will produce high levels of customer satisfaction
10:45 - 11:15 Morning Network Break
11:15 - 11:45 DISCUSSION: Acquiring and Retaining the Right Talent for Your GBS OrganizationMaximiliano Just - Director - GBS HR Operations Americas Coca Cola
- Identify methods of attracting innovative talent to Global Business Services organizations to eliminate or reduce outsourcing
- Examine strategies used by other GBS organizations to build employee morale and foster professional growth and development in an effort to retain the best talent
Maximiliano JustDirector - GBS HR Operations Americas
11:45 - 12:30 How to Remain Strategic in a Growing CompanyMarcia Moran - VP - Global Finance Business Services Mylan
- Identify some of the common roadblocks to success encountered while operating a GBS organization such as establishing a shared vision among employees, keeping abreast with regulatory compliance across regions, building relationships with consumers and stakeholders on a global level, and tailoring the company’s business to meet the local needs while keeping in line with the global process
- Discuss strategies to employ in successfully managing and keeping up with the changing nature of a GBS organization, this includes increasing efficiency by streamlining business operations through automation and systems integration, improving staff collaboration and productivity by building a relationship with employees, and conducting regular risk management assessments
Marcia MoranVP - Global Finance Business Services
12:30 - 13:30 Networking Luncheon
13:30 - 14:15 AUTOMATION MODULESamir Bagri - Director, Global Business Services (GBS) Delphi
While the shared services industry hasn’t yet seen many
early adopters, the interest in automation and digitization
of processes and functions continues to grow. Within a GBS
organization, these advanced capabilities have the potential
to transform how certain departments operate. This module
will dive into the possible future of the industry with
automation as its backbone.
Is Robotic Process Automation Really the Next Frontier for Global Business Services?
Delphi delivers global business services (GBS) across multiple geographies – North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific – focused on the order to cash, purchase to pay, record to report and sales administration functions. Robotic process automation (RPA) has the potential to revolutionize efficiency of service delivery in GBS organizations. Drawing from the experience of recently adopting RPA in his organization, Samir Bagri will delve into the reality behind the hype. Join this session to understand:
- What is the difference between RPA and other forms of automation?
Why the increasing interest in RPA, in GBS?
Can robots and people really work together?
What are the practical issues of implementation?
Samir BagriDirector, Global Business Services (GBS)
14:15 - 15:00 Digitization – Generating Productivity……FastStephen Sikes - Director Continuous Improvement Global Business Services Johnson Controls
- Learn how Information Technology and Continuous Improvement are morphing together to produce better productivity faster.
- Discuss how the journey of enabling digitization is being used to transform GBS.
- Examine how CI and IT are feeding off each other to produce improved results.
Stephen SikesDirector Continuous Improvement Global Business Services
15:00 - 15:30 Afternoon Networking Break
the opportunity to meet with the presenters of the previous
sessions for a brief Q&A to clarify issues that were not
addressed during the presentations.
15:30 - 16:15 ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS: TECHNOLOGY MODULEScott Furlong - Partner Information Services Group (ISG)
discuss the different types of technologies used by their
organizations and identify how these technologies have
advanced or improved their business operations, thus
enhancing their GBS model. After the roundtable discussion,
the group will reconvene to share the high points of the
roundtable session, highlighting how the technologies
discussed, if employed by your organization, could also make
your business processes more efficient and improve customer
- Discuss the various technologies that GBS organizations are now utilizing and how they are fostering the growth of their businesses
- Evaluate whether there is a return on investment worth capitalizing on
Information Services Group (ISG)
16:15 - 17:00 DISCUSSION: The Take AwayScott Furlong - Partner Information Services Group (ISG)
This session is a follow up of the previous session on Integrating Technology into Your GBS Organization and whether the implementation of these technologies, though often considered advantageous, can also be viewed as inconsistent with the GBS model of cost savings.
Information Services Group (ISG)
17:00 - 17:30 DISCUSSION: The Cultural Effects Of Implementing a Proper GBS Organization
Among the many challenges faced by GBS leaders, culture is one of the most prevalent. Because of the global nature of these organizations, industry leaders are faced with the task of interacting and managing individuals on a large scale from various locations with different beliefs, customs, time zones,
languages, and socialization. This discussion is designed to highlight some of those various cultural challenges and examine how GBS leaders are able to promote cohesion despite these difficulties.